Lana Parrilla on the set of ‘Once Upon a Time’ at Fort Langley village in Vancouver, 12-05-2013, part 3
#being gorgeous isn’t really a spoiler This tag speaks for me on a personal level.
- adenoidal: if someone’s voice is adenoidal, some of the sound seems to come through their nose
- appealing: an appealing look, voice etc shows that you want help, approval, or agreement
- breathy: with loud breathing noises
- brittle: if you speak in a brittle voice, you sound as if you are about to cry
- croaky: if someone’s voice sounds croaky, they speak in a low rough voice that sounds as if they have a sore throat
- dead: if someone’s eyes are dead, or if their voice is dead, they feel or show no emotion
- disembodied: a disembodied voice comes from someone who you cannot see
- flat: spoken in a voice that does not go up and down. This word is often used for describing the speech of people from a particular region.
- fruity: a fruity voice or laugh is deep and strong in a pleasant way
- grating: a grating voice, laugh, or sound is unpleasant and annoying
- gravelly: a gravelly voice sounds low and rough
- gruff: a gruff voice has a rough low sound
- guttural: a guttural sound is deep and made at the back of your throat
- high-pitched: a high-pitched voice or sound is very high
- hoarse: someone who is hoarse or has a hoarse voice speaks in a low rough voice, usually because their throat is sore
- honeyed: honeyed words or a honeyed voice sound very nice but you cannot trust the person who is speaking
- husky: a husky voice is deep and sounds hoarse (=as if you have a sore throat), often in an attractive way
- low adjective: a low voice or sound is quiet and difficult to hear
- low adverb: in a deep voice, or with a deep sound
- matter-of-fact: used about someone’s behaviour or voice
- modulated: a modulated voice is controlled and pleasant to listen to
- monotonous: a monotonous sound or voice is boring and unpleasant because it does not change in loudness or become higher or lower
- nasal: someone with a nasal voice sounds as if they are speaking through their nose
- orotund: an orotund voice is loud and clear
- penetrating: a penetrating voice or sound is so high or loud that it makes you slightly uncomfortable
- plummy: a plummy voice or way of speaking is considered to be typical of an English person of a high social class. This word shows that you dislike people who speak like this.
- quietly: in a quiet voice
- raucous: a raucous voice or noise is loud and sounds rough
- ringing: a ringing sound or voice is very loud and clear
- rough: a rough voice is not soft and is unpleasant to listen to
- shrill: a shrill noise or voice is very loud, high, and unpleasant
- silvery: a silvery voice or sound is clear, light, and pleasant
- singsong: if you speak in a singsong voice, your voice rises and falls in a musical way
- small: a small voice or sound is quiet
- smoky: a smoky voice or smoky eyes are sexually attractive in a slightly mysterious way
- softly spoken: someone who is softly spoken has a quiet gentle voice
- sotto voce adjective, adverb: in a very quiet voice
- stentorian: a stentorian voice sounds very loud and severe
- strangled: a strangled sound is one that someone stops before they finish making it
- strangulated: strangled
- strident: a strident voice or sound is loud and unpleasant
- taut: used about something such as a voice or expression that shows someone is nervous or angry
- thick: if your voice is thick with an emotion, it sounds less clear than usual because of the emotion
- thickly: with a low voice that comes mostly from your throat
- thin: a thin voice or sound is high and unpleasant to listen to
- throaty: a throaty sound is low and seems to come from deep in your throat
- tight: a tight voice or expression shows that you are nervous or annoyed
- toneless: a toneless voice does not express any emotion
- tremulous: if something such as your voice or smile is tremulous, it is not steady, for example because you are afraid or excited
- wheezy: a wheezy noise sounds as if it is made by someone who has difficulty breathing
- wobbly: if your voice is wobbly, it goes up and down, usually because you are frightened, not confident, or are going to cry
This is the most accurate model yet of what DNA looks like
This is a stunning 3D map that shows how six feet of of DNA can be crammed inside a single chromosome — a space that’s only a hundredth of a millimeter across. Not surprisingly, it looks like something that would go well with meatballs.
Chromosomes, those packages of genetic material found in our cells, were discovered way back in the late 1800s, but scientists have struggled to understand the exact way DNA molecules fold into them across three-dimensions. But a new study conducted by researchers at MIT and the University of Massachusetts Medical school has resulted in the world’s first comprehensive model of the 3D organization of condensed human chromosomes.
This is my little experiment. Let’s see how many Regina fans are on Tumblr.
This guy stopped watching porn — and he wants you to know why. Gender activist Ran Gavrieli felt that most of the images he saw in porn encouraged negative, even violent, attitudes toward women, despite a recent wave of feminist porn. So he pulled the plug, and found that his personal sex life and private fantasies became much more fulfilling.
In his talk at TEDxJaffa, he advocates for physically and emotionally-safe sex, as well as erotica that shows a wider range of fulfilling sexual experiences — including the intimacy of human connection, laughter, and touch. Watch his talk here.
imagine a high school romance movie about a girl who works her ass off to play on the football team and eventually becomes the quarterback and she dates one of the cheerleaders
Imagine a movie where the female protagonist does not have a love story in her plot and there is still somehow a story
my cute little text post about hoping for queer representation and stories about non-feminine women was definitely the right place to make this observation right on
THE REALEST SHIT I EVER SEEN GOD DAMN
‘US should boycott Russian Olympics.’
Gaga doesn’t think America should be participating in next year’s Winter Olympics.
The ‘Applause’ singer launched into a fierce attack on Russia’s treatment of gay people while filming an appearance on British chat show Alan Carr: Chatty Man, which airs this Friday.
When asked about a tweet she’d posted regarding Olympic swimmer Tom Daley coming out, Gaga used the opportunity to air her views on the next Winter Olympics.
“I don’t think that we should be going to the Olympics at all. I don’t know if my opinion is not highly regarded, in terms of the amazing champions and people that are rehearsing and training for the event,” she told Alan.
“I mean I would never take anything away from their hard work, I just think it is absolutely wrong for so many countries to give money and economy in the way of a country that doesn’t support gays.”
The singer says she experienced first-hand the way Russia treats its homosexual citizens when she visited last year as part of her Born This Way Ball tour.
The 27-year-old singer confesses that she probably won’t return to the country after an on-stage stunt which saw her scream “I’m gay, arrest me,” didn’t go down too well.
“Sorry, now I’m getting serious, but it’s not just that they don’t support the gay community, they pepper spray and beat them in Russia. I went to Russia for the Born This Way Ball, and I was really excited to be there, because I felt it was an important place to bring the message of the album. But it made me very sad to see the pain that some of the gay kids are in in Russia,” she said.
Pan is Rumple’s dad, who is Neal’s dad, who is Henry’s dad, and Pan is now Henry.
The circle of dad is complete.
Hi dad, I’m dad.
Hi dad, I’m dad.
Hi dad, I’m dad.
Hi dad, I’m dad.